The Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA), the public outreach arm of the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), has named the week of March 8-14, 2020 as Termite Awareness Week. The PPMA calls on the industry to use this week to raise awareness about the threat of termites and the importance of prevention.
Make the most of your marketing efforts and leverage this national awareness campaign to grow your termite business this spring. Our team put together the following tips:
- Take your cause to social media.If you have already established social channels perhaps the easiest and least expensive way to get the word out is through social media. Dedicate your channel to termites for the week, promote your services and even run social ads to reach your target audience in your designated regional area. Be sure to use the hashtag #TermiteAwarenessWeek on all of your posts to engage in the online conversation.
- Create a ‘Termite Offer’ to measure your success.As with any marketing campaign it is critical to measure results of your efforts. Consider offering a free termite inspection for a limited time to new or existing customers. Ensure you have literature and a follow-up campaign ready for those who take advantage of your offering to move them into a termite monitoring or treatment program.
- Hit the Press.Put together a termite awareness press release that is both educational and action-oriented. Send the release to your local media. Local newspapers and even local websites are often excited for free content. Offer journalists the opportunity to interview you as an expert in the field of termites.
- Dedicate your website to termites.Now is the time to add new termite content to your site. Post those termite swarm videos and help your audience to properly identify a termite from a flying ant with pictures from the field. Customers new and old look to you as a termite expert. Use your website as a termite educational resource for your visitors.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel.If all of these marketing efforts seem overwhelming to you or you don’t have the resources to support them consider a membership to the Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA). PPMA offers comprehensive marketing materials online at PPMAMainFrame.org to their subscribers. Find everything you need to stay on top of your marketing game not just through the termite season but all year long.