Time is tight for pest professionals, especially those overseeing so many different aspects of their business. At the same time the world of social media can be overwhelming. Get the most bang for your buck by leveraging your social media efforts to their fullest. Let’s take a look at some things that you can do in 2018 to maximize your presence on social media:
1) Start with a plan. Social media posts may seem like spur of the moment comments sent out for everyone to see but when it is done right they are well planned, timed and written for a targeted audience. Creating a social media content calendar is key to keeping your business on the right track. For example, you can post about bed bugs at any time during the year, but you are going to get the most from your post during targeted times like bed bug awareness week and the peak travel times. It is always better to plan ahead using a content calendar like the one created by Social Pest Pro http://www.socialpestpro.com/.
2) Increase traffic to your website. Social media posts can be an excellent way to increase traffic to your website. Undoubtedly you have spent time and money on your website, but a website is only useful when people view it. Make sure to create posts that draw people to your site. Add your website’s URL to posts and reference your site in your posts.
3) Use social media tools to help you schedule posts and tweets. There are certain times of the day when more people are likely to see your posts, unfortunately those times may be when you are busy running other aspects of your company. Using social media tools like Pagemodo and Hootsuite will allow you to create posts when you have the time and have those messages posted at the most optimal time for people to view them.
4) Advertise on social media. Social media advertising will increase your social media reach so it should be a part of your business plan. Unlike many aspects of social media you must pay for social media ads. Therefore, make sure to research which social media ads will be most beneficial to your company. Many platforms offer targeting capabilities to guarantee that your ad reaches the right audience. You may also want to test out messages on free social media before going to paid advertising. See if there is a post that resonates with your Facebook or Twitter followers, then use that content for your paid advertising.
5) Consider outsourcing your social media management. In many situations, outsourcing your social media management can save you money in the long run. Deciding whether to have someone in-house do your social media or to outsource it can be a difficult decision. There are definitely pros and cons to each approach. If you have a media savvy staff that has time to commit to social media management you are guaranteed to have an authentic voice for your posts. If you don’t have a social media savvy staff you could be missing out on some very important opportunities to gain new clients and retain existing one.
Navigating social media can be daunting, but with these tips you will stay on the right track. We hope these tips will help take your marketing to a new level in 2018 and beyond.